Vintage Jewelry and Craft Supply! Chic vintage glass and lucite cabochons, Czech glass beads, Vintage set stones, Brass filigree and stampings, Austrian crystals and more!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Quick trip to San Antonio

I really did mean to post this before Christmas, but time totally got away from me!  My sweet hubby had a business trip to San Antonio and I decided to tag along, even though I was in the middle of a Creative Christmas Blog event and my Etsy shop was in the middle of doing great for the holidays. 

I adore San Antonio, it's one of my favorite cities in Texas.  It has a unique flair all it's own and is always full of convention goers who probably never leave the Riverwalk area, which I'm not bashing because it really is a fun and unique experience, very fun and festive anytime of year.  But, San Antonio is so rich with history and really.... great Mexican and Tex-Mex food!

As soon as we arrived we walked over to the Alamo complex, every Texas should make a pilgrimage here.
Yep, that's me, once again with my eyes closed!  I can never keep my eyes open in photos.

You never know what you are going to fin around the corner in this city.  As we were walking back to our hotel I noticed an abandoned Victorian Synagogue across from our hotel.  I loved this building and hope that someone rescues it!
And now for my favorite part we drove out the the Mexican Market to eat at Mi Tierra's.  Not only is the food to die for, I adore the crazy it always looks like Christmas decor.  Oh and the wall of Mexican pastry doesn't hurt either!
As soon as my hubby's meeting was over the next morning we headed over to the Spanish Governor's Palace (hubby had never been there).  Built in the 1700's is a lovely Spanish Colonial building, including a keystone complete with the Hapsburg coat of arms.
This was such a great, impromptu trip!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip...love the Mexican market, bet the food is fab, would love to experience Riverwalk and all the historical aspects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there a couple of times to pay my respects. The 1st time I was a little freaked out that it seemed so small amongst the tall cityscape that has been built around it.
    Can't believe I missed the Mexican Market...twice! Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete