Vintage Jewelry and Craft Supply! Chic vintage glass and lucite cabochons, Czech glass beads, Vintage set stones, Brass filigree and stampings, Austrian crystals and more!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Shabby French Chic Altered Art Bottle

Ok, so apparently I am really... terrible at time management lately.  I've been so busy trying to get the second shop up and running that I'm way behind on my blog and my Jewelry shop.  Hoping the time management thing will start getting a little better.

And to top it all off I managed in a flurry of photo deleting to delete all my step by step photos for this weeks craft tutorial, so I guess it's going to be more of a look what I made kind of post, lol.

But I will tell you that I started with a lovely, very old bottle that I purchased at a Flea Market for  .50, the patina is so wonderful. I brought the bottle home and soaked out all the dirt and grime.  I then adhered a tea stained paper doily to the front, accented it with some vintage with tassel fringe, and then a bit of old ecru lace.  Mod Podge par of the bottle and doily and sprinkled on clear iridescent fairy dust glitter.

The create the framed French woman I started off with an old rhinestone shoe buckle.  To cover up missing stones I created a little collage in one corner with layers of antique brass filigree and a tiny pink resin rose, the other corner I used an antique brass Fleur de lis charm with the loop snipped off.  The image of the French Fashion Plate was of course found on the Graphics Fairy - no surprise there.  Printed the image off on cream card stock, cut to fit into the rhinestone buckle (makes such a great frame) and Mod Podge both back and front for extra durability.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi I love this! So pretty! Just found you via Brag Monday and am now following! Looking forward to checking out posts I've missed!

      Ro

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I like altered bottles. I need to try it sometime.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really very pretty, love how you altered the bottle. What a great piece to have, and you made it. So very pretty. Thanks for showing us how and for sharing sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Bes

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so kewl would luv for you to share it with our readers at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2012/03/happy-st-patrick-day-2012-with-linking.html
    Thanks
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth: I'm a recipient of the Versatile Blogger award through Heather Everson, A Mom A Kid & Art. Just saying hello. Your lovely altered art bottle reminds me of one of my favorite books "Vintage Papercrafts" by Anna Corba. I'm happy to follow your inspiring blog. Have a great ending to your week. Sandi (PaperLady)

    ReplyDelete