Vintage Jewelry and Craft Supply! Chic vintage glass and lucite cabochons, Czech glass beads, Vintage set stones, Brass filigree and stampings, Austrian crystals and more!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Etsy Seller Spotlight - Twisted Thread and Hook

I fell in love with Etsy years ago, first I loved the concept that everything was either handcrafted, vintage or used to create.  I also loved the fact that this new site was populated mostly by women, that this venue was giving them a voice and capability to sell their art and creations without the cost of a brick & mortar store front.  I have over the years been amazed at the creativity and ingenuity of the artist on Etsy, and amazed of the major success of some of the Etsy sellers.  I have had the great honor to meet some wonderful women and men, so we are starting a new weekly Etsy Seller Spotlight!

So to start off our new weekly Esty Seller Spotlight is the talented and lovely Magdalena of Twisted Thread & Hook.  Her stunning shop features amazing hand crafted rope rugs and doormats.


Magdalena's Story:

I grew up in Poland where my mom introduced me to crocheting. Throughout the years, I tacked different form of craft and art, but I always found my way back to crocheting. One day I was looking for something unique to make and came across a doily cotton rope rug. I fell in love with it and from that moment, I've been designing and making my own rope rugs. I took that idea even further and started making cotton rope bath mats as well as jute rope doormats and rugs. Both cotton rope and jute rope give great texture, unique look which is what I love about them. However, with my kids in mind, I kept thinking what I could use to make the rugs nursery and children room friendly. That's how fleece rugs idea came to live. I truly love the softness of these rugs (and so do my kids who tend to lay on them more than walk).
  


 When I was growing up, my family summer vacation was always on a sailboat. My love for sailing was deeply rooted in me. After making few of the rope rugs, it came to me all of the sudden that I could create some great nautical rug designs.


 I'm so excited to be able to share my passion for crafting, sailing and handmade with others.

Here are a few ways you can stay in touch and see my new designs.
Facebook:

8 comments:

  1. Thanks, Beth, for this fascinating feature on Magda, and for including all her social media links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great article! I adore Magdalena's work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to learn how the rope rugs became Magdalena's favorite. Great article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for kind comments! And thank you Beth for helping me share my story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Beth for the great spotlight story on Magda. It was fun learning more about her and what she makes. Beautiful rugs, Magda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An incredible level of detail in Magdalena's work - her love of her craft is evident. Thanks so much for sharing her story and work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your story Magda and your work!! Great idea Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful story and I love Magdalena's work too! Your rugs are absolutely gorgeous! Great job Beth and Magda, thanks for sharing!
    BloomingGoddess

    ReplyDelete