Vintage Jewelry and Craft Supply! Chic vintage glass and lucite cabochons, Czech glass beads, Vintage set stones, Brass filigree and stampings, Austrian crystals and more!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Creating Christmas with Jen at I Can't Stop Crafting



Hello AlyssaBeths readers!  My name is Jen, and I am the gal behind I Can't Stop Crafting.   I am pleased as can be to be sharing here today, it's always such a treat to be invited for a visit at another blog.  Feel free to swing by my home turf to see what I've been up to lately, to link up to my weekly Head to Head Showdown link party, or just to say "hi". 

I've been watching in amazement as it seems all of blog world has gone mad for burlap and jute crafting.  The creative ideas people come up with, to jazz up humble burlap absolutely floors me.  Who'd have thought there would be so many possibilities?  Well, now it's my turn.  I bought a roll of burlap the other day, and I put together this simple little wreath in a matter of minutes.

I started with the aluminum screw band from an old jar.  I cut a long strip of burlap, 3-4 inches wide and using hot glue, adhered the strip of burlap to the screw band.  


I then wound the burlap around the band, feeding it through the middle and wrapping it around until I'd worked by way around the entire band.

 
I secured the burlap in place with another dot of hot glue and trimmed any wayward strands from the burlap.

To spruce my little burlap wreath up, I added a few sprigs from a wired berry garland I bought years ago.  I just wrapped the little sprigs around and hot glued the ends in place.

As for where you need such a tiny wreath?  Well, perhaps you have a small shelf that needs adorning, like this:


Or wouldn't a handful of these wreaths tucked among the boughs of your Christmas tree be charming?


  I think a set of these mini wreaths would make charming napkin rings as well. 

Thank you so much for having me here today, AlyssaBeths!  I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and enjoy each moment of the season!

Be blessed,






4 comments:

  1. I love that! What a cool idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out so cute, they would look wonderful on my tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your post on Darling Doodles and am now following. Cute wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just darling!
    Emily
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete